Wrap - Cooked Beef
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup shredded cooked beef
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 10-inch (burrito size) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons of margarine. Saute' over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, Special Seasonings and salsa; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes. Stir in cooked beef and green onions. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- For each wrap, evenly spread tortilla with sour cream and place one sixth of rice mixture down the center. Top with lettuce and sprinkle with cheese and cilantro, if desired. Fold 2 sides over ends of filling and roll up, burrito-style.