Country Scallop Skillet
Recipe Yield: 4
- 1 package (6.5 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Broccoli Au Gratin
- 2-1/2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 package (7 ounces) fully cooked sausage links, cut into slices
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Oyster crackers (optional)
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-pasta mix, 2 ½ Tbsp. margarine and onion until pasta is light golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 ¼ cups water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in sausage, corn, and bell pepper; return to a simmer. Cover; simmer 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir; let stand 5 minutes. Top with oyster crackers, if desired.