Italian Vermicelli Skillet
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage links
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) PASTA RONI® Garlic & Olive Oil with Vermicelli
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 plum tomatoes
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Remove casings from sausage links; discard casings. Cut sausage crosswise into ½ -inch pieces. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until well browned; drain. Add water to skillet with sausage; bring to a boil. Slowly stir in pasta and seasonings. Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini and tomatoes lengthwise in half; cut crosswise into slices. Add zucchini to skillet and continue boiling 3 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes. Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.