Thai-Style Chicken Skillet
Recipe Yield: 4
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Chicken & Broccoli
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pea pods
- 1/2 cup red pepper strips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Peanuts (optional)
- Toss chicken with soy sauce; set aside. In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix according to package directions.
- Slowly stir in 1- 3/4 cups water, seasonings, peanut butter and garlic. Stir in chicken; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 12 minutes.
- Stir in pea pods and bell pepper; return to a simmer. Cover; simmer 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir; let stand 3 minutes. Top with peanuts, if desired.