Spicy Spanish Rice and Bean Chili
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pouch (8.8 oz) Rice-A-Roni Heat & Eat Spicy Spanish Rice
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder, depending on heat preference
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15.5 oz) light or dark red kidney beans
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped cilantro
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Transfer rice to large saucepan.
- Stir in vegetable broth, chili powder and cumin. Add tomatoes and beans.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Add additional broth if chili is too thick. Stir in green onions.
- Serve topped with sour cream or plain yogurt, cheese and /or cilantro, as desired.