Spicy Cheesy, Spanish Rice & Bean Soup
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pouch (8.8 oz) Rice-A-Roni Heat & Eat Spicy Spanish Rice
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) light or dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Transfer rice to large saucepan.
- Stir in 2 cups vegetable broth and beans. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 8 to10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese. Serve immediately, topped with favorite salsa, if more heat is desired.
Tips and Variations
- NOTE: If you prefer a thinner soup, add additional broth to reach desired thickness. Soup will thicken upon standing.