Spicy Burrito Bake
Recipe Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 package (6.4 ounces) Rice-A-Roni® Jalapeno Cheddar
- 2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper (seed and membranes remove) (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) no-salt added or reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- Chopped avocado (optional)
- In medium saucepan, combine rice, water, 2 teaspoons of olive oil and jalapeno pepper, if using. Bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 18 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Toss chicken with chili pepper; set aside.
- When rice mixture has cooked until tender, stir in milk and Special Seasonings. Increase heat to high. Boil 1 to 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in beans and bell pepper.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 3 minutes. Stir well. Spread rice mixture into 2-quart casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Immediately top with shredded chicken. Gently press chicken into rice mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F 15 to 20 minutes or until firm and heated through. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Top each serving with sour cream, salsa and avocado, if desired.
- Calories 260, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 405mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 2g, Protein 13g, Vitamin A 269IU, Vitamin C 3mg, Calcium 100mg, Iron 2mg