Quick Spicy Spanish Rice Burritos
Recipe Yield: 2 to 3 Servings
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons prepared taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup diced bell pepper any color or combination
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 pouch (8.8 oz) Rice-A-Roni Heat & Eat Spicy Spanish Rice
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained, if canned, (optional)
- Burrito-size flour tortillas (about 9-inches)
- Chopped avocado
- Chopped tomato
- Sour cream
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Jalapeno pepper slices
- Heat medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into crumbles, stirring occasionally. Stir in taco seasoning and diced bell pepper. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Add rice and black beans, if using, to skillet with ground beef mixture. Stir to combine well.
- Heat tortillas as package directs. Place rice mixture and toppings on warm burrito. Fold bottom edge up and over the filling. Hold the bottom of the tortilla and fold in the sides.
- Starting from the bottom edge, roll up tortilla to enclose the filling.
Tips and Variations
- Quick Spicy Spanish Rice Burrito Bowl 1. Prepare ground beef and Spanish Rice mixture as in Steps 1-3 above except do not add black beans. 2. Divide rice mixture among 2 to 3 shallow bowls. Arrange approximately 1/4 cup each chopped tomato, black beans and chopped avocado, on top of rice mixture. Add 1 tablespoon sour cream. 3. Drizzle with salsa, if desired. Top with shredded Mexican Cheese blend, if desired.