Italian Dinner with Italian Turkey Sausage
Recipe Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) PASTA RONI® Garlic and Olive Oil Vermicelli
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 8 ounces Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices, browned and drained*
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil: 1 3/4 cups water and 2 tablespoons margarine. Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta, Special Seasonings, and cooked sausage. Boil uncovered 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini. Return to a boil. Continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- Sauce will be thin. Stir in tomatoes and basil, if desired. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes to thicken. Serve with cheese.