Family Favorite Cooked Turkey
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (7.2 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Canned French fried onions or onion flavored croutons (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-pasta mix, 2 tablespoons of margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until pasta is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in turkey, green beans, chicken broth and bell pepper. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 7 to 12 minutes or until rice is tender and green beans are cooked. Sprinkle each serving with onions, if desired.
Tips and Variations
- Substitute 1 1/2 cups frozen green bean vegetable blend for the frozen cut green beans and bell pepper.