Curried Rice Salad
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- Ground black pepper,
- 1 (6.9-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 (6-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with oil and curry powder until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently. Add 2-1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Cool.
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade from one jar. Combine reserved marinade and mayonnaise. Stir mayonnaise-mixture, artichokes, olives, bell pepper and green onions into cooled RICE-A-RONI; pepper to taste. Cover; chill 1 hour.