Fried Rice - Cooked Shrimp
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (6.2 ounces) RICE A RONI® Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cups water
- 1 egg, beaten, cooked until set and cut into small strips*
- 1 cup mushroom slices
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 12 ounces medium cooked shrimp, cut into thirds
- 1 cup thinly sliced (or shredded) cabbage or bok choy
- 1/4 cup green onion slices
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 12 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, carrots and peas. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add shrimp, cabbage, green onions, cooked egg and soy sauce. Increase heat to medium; stir and toss gently until heated through.