Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 package (6.0 ounces) PASTA RONI® Corkscrew with Four Cheeses
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- In large skillet, brown ground beef until thoroughly cooked; drain. Add 1½ cups water, ¾ cup milk and 2 tablespoons margarine to skillet with beef. Bring to a boil.
- Slowly stir in pasta, seasonings and chili powder . Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil uncovered, 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salsa and corn; return to a boil. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is slightly firm, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat. (Sauce will be thin.) Sprinkle cheese and Topping over pasta. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes for sauce to thicken. Spri