Greek Chicken and Rice One Dish Dinner
Recipe Yield: 3 Servings
- 1 pouch (8.8 oz) Rice-A-Roni Heat & Eat Garlic & Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper, any color
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges, (optional)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) light or dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can refrigerated fully-cooked chicken breast strips (see note)
- Prepare rice according to package directions
- Stir in lemon peel and oregano, bell pepper, olives, chickpeas, if using, tomatoes and spinach. Toss well to combine.
- Add chicken; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese. Squeeze lemon wedges over each serving, if desired.
Tips and Variations
- Note: Fully-cooked shrimp can be substituted for the cooked chicken.