Caprese-Style Rice Side Dish
Recipe Yield: 5(1/2-cup) Servings
- 1 pouch (8.8 oz) Rice-A-Roni Heat & Eat Garlic & Olive Oil Rice
- 1 cup baby spinach or arugula (or a combination)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mozzarella cheese
- Salt (optional)
- Coarse grind black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Sliced fresh basil
- Prepare rice according to package directions
- Place cooked rice in shallow bowl. Spread in single layer to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach or arugula, tomatoes and mozzarella. Toss gently to combine. Add salt, if desired and black pepper.
- Just before serving, drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with basil.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled, if desired.
Tips and Variations
- Optional: Top with refrigerated pre-cooked chicken breast strips, plain or Italian style. Use whole strips or chopped.