Turkey Sausage and Pasta Toss
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (14 oz ) pkg. Hillshire Farm® Turkey Smoked Sausage
- 2 (5.1 oz) pkg. PASTA RONI® Parmesan Cheese
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp. of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage in skillet until browned, drain if necessary.
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil 2-2/3 cups water, 1-1/3 cups milk and 2 Tbsp. margarine.
- Reduce heat to medium. Slowly stir in pasta and special seasonings, and cooked sausage.
- Boil uncovered 4-5 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently. Sauce will be thin.
- Stir in basil, if desired. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken. Serve with cheese.