Recipe Yield: 5
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI ® Spanish Rice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 8 ounces cooked ham or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, ham, onion, tomatoes, garlic, hot pepper sauce and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and bell pepper. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and shrimp turn pink.