Chicken Stroganoff Skillet
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 package (4.7 ounces) PASTA RONI® Butter & Garlic Flavor
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 strips crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- In large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon margarine over medium-high heat. Add chicken and mushrooms. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Add 1¾ cups water and 1/3 cup milk to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta and seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil. Boil uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes, or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove skillet from heat. (Sauce will be thin.) Stir in sour cream and bacon. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes for sauce to thicken.