Hearty Corn and Cheese Chowder
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 thick slices bacon, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package PASTA RONI® Shells & White Cheddar
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn, drained
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onions
- In large saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon 5 minutes. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove from saucepan; drain. Set aside.
- In same saucepan, add chicken broth, milk, pasta, corn and bell pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in Special Seasonings and bacon mixture. Return to a boil; boil 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle into bowls; top with chives.