Orange Ginger Stir-Fry
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 6.9-ounce package RICE-A-RONI® Lower Sodium Chicken
- 1 tablespoon margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 3), cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups julienne cut carrots or 3 cups broccoli flowerets
- Combine rice-vermicelli mix and 1 tablespoon margarine in large skillet. Saute over medium heat, stirring frequently until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups water, orange juice, contents of seasoning packet, chicken, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes; stir in carrots or broccoli. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir before serving.
- Calories 340, Calories from Fat 45, Total Fat 5g, Sodium 550mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 25g, Vitamin A IU, Vitamin C mg, Calcium mg, Iron mg, Vitamin E mg, Folic Acid mcg