Middle - Eastern - Cooked Turkey
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (7.2 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup carrot slices
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Plain yogurt (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-pasta mix, 2 tablespoons of margarine, onion and garlic. Saute´ over medium heat until pasta is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 12 minutes. Stir in turkey, zucchini, carrots, bell pepper, curry powder and raisins, if desired. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve with yogurt, if desired.