Lo Mein - Cooked Chicken
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (4.8 ounces) PASTA RONI® Angel Hair with Herbs
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup mushroom slices
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onion or green onion slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce or stir fry sauce
- In a medium saucepan, bring just to a boil: 2 cups water (do not add milk) and 2 tablespoons margarine. Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta, Special Seasonings, bell pepper, mushrooms, carrots, onion and
- Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in desired amount of teriyaki sauce.
Tips and Variations
- Substitute 3 cups frozen Asian vegetable blend for the bell pepper, mushrooms, carrot and onion.