Beef and Broccoli Pepper Skillet
Recipe Yield: 4
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Beef Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, cut into strips
- Toss beef with soy sauce; set aside. In large skillet over medium heat, sauté rice-vermicelli mix, 2 Tbsp. margarine and onion until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 1/2 cups water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in beef. Add broccoli and bell pepper; return to a simmer. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir before serving.