Lemon Garlic Chicken & Rice
Recipe Yield: 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat, divided
- 1 (6.9-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken & Garlic Flavor
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 medium red and/or green bell pepper, chopped
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika and black pepper; set aside. In large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with remaining 1 tablespoon margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, lemon juice and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Place chicken over rice. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper. Cover; cook 5 more minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside.