Fajita Skillet - Southwest Style Cooked Chicken Breast Strips
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) RICE-A-RONI Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 6 ounces southwestern style cooked chicken breast strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut in thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Stir in chicken, bell pepper, onion and