Italian Herb Tuna and Pasta
Recipe Yield: About 3 cups prepared
- 1 package PASTA RONI® Butter & Herb Italiano
- 2-5 ounce cans tuna, drained and broken into chunks
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- In medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups water, 3/4 cup milk, 2 Tbsp. margarine, pasta and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 7-9 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently.
- Sauce will be thin. Stir in 2 cans (5 oz. each) tuna, drained and broken into chunks. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken.
Tips and Variations
- Add 1/2 cup each chopped celery and onion to saucepan during the last 5 min. of cooking.