Chuckwagon BBQ Rice Round-Up
Recipe Yield: 4
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Beef Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef until well cooked. Remove from skillet; drain. Set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2-1/2 cups water, Special Seasonings and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and ground beef. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.