Angel Hair Al Fresco
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (4.8-ounce) package PASTA RONI® Angel Hair Pasta with Herbs
- 1 (6-1/2-ounce) can tuna, drained, flaked or 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions or chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In large saucepan, combine 1-1/3 cups water, milk and margarine. Bring just to a boil.
- Slowly stir in pasta, Special Seasonings, tuna, tomatoes, green onions, wine, almonds and basil. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes for sauce to thicken.