Skillet Chicken Divan Alfredo
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (4.7-ounce) package PASTA RONI® Fettuccine Alfredo
- 12 ozs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4" thick chunks
- 3 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat, divided
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1/4 cup panko or plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute chicken with 2 tablespoons of margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3-5 minuets or until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through; remove to a plate.
- Add to skillet 1-1/3 cups water, milk, broccoli and bell pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and special seasonings; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Gently boil uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cooked chicken and let stand 3 minutes before serving.
- While pasta cooks, melt remaining 1 tablespoon margarine in skillet. Add bread crumbs and cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove to a small bowl.
- Top servings of pasta with cheese and toasted crumbs.