Quick Spicy Spanish Rice & Veggie Skillet
Recipe Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 pouch (8.8 oz) Rice-A-Roni Heat & Eat Spicy Spanish Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup celery, diagonally sliced, about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup diced bell pepper, one color or a combination
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Manchego cheese or shredded pepper-jack cheese
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add celery, onion and bell peppers; cook about 3 minutes or until celery is crisp tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn and garlic. Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes until all ingredients are heated through, stirring frequently.
- Stir in Spanish Rice. Sprinkle with cheese.
Tips and Variations
- For Creole, Cajun, or Curry Rice & Veggie Skillet, prepare recipe through Step 3. In Step 4 prepare one pouch Heat & Eat Herb & Butter Rice or one pouch Garlic & Olive Oil Rice in place of Spicy Spanish Rice. Stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons of Creole or Cajun seasoning or curry powder. Stir rice into vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.