Primavera with Cooked Chicken
Recipe Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) PASTA RONI® Garlic and Olive Oil Vermicelli
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup green onion slices
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil: 1 3/4 cups water and 2 tablespoons margarine. Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Boil uncovered 4 minutes. Stir in broccoli, carrots and green onions. Return to a boil. Continue cooking 4 to 6 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently. Add chicken; cook and stir gently until heated through.
- Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes to thicken. Serve with cheese.
Tips and Variations
- 2 cups frozen broccoli vegetable blend for the broccoli and carrots.