Pesto Turkey and Pasta
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (4.7-ounce) package PASTA RONI® Chicken & Broccoli Flavor with Linguine
- 1 pound boneless, skinless turkey or chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts, toasted
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In large saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups water, milk and margarine to a boil. Stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil 1 minute.
- Add turkey, bell pepper and onion. Return to a boil. Gently boil 8 to 9 minutes or until pasta is tender and turkey is no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pesto. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with nuts and cheese, if desired.