Garden Fresh Cooked Salmon
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) PASTA RONI® Angel Hair Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 cup 1-inch asparagus pieces or small broccoli flowerets
- 1 medium summer squash or zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup green onion slices
- 6 ounces cooked salmon, broken into chunks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring just to a boil: 1 1/3 cups water, 2/3 cup milk and 2 tablespoons margarine. Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta, Special Seasonings, asparagus, squash and onions. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil. Boil uncovered 4 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently. Add salmon and mustard; cook and stir until heated through.
- Sauce will be thin. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken. Stir in basil before serving, if desired.