Florentine Cooked Chicken
Recipe Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
- 1 package (4.8 ounces) PASTA RONI® Angel Hair with Herbs
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips or 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese or Italian cheese blend
- In a large saucepan, bring just to a boil: 1 1/3 cups water, 2/3 cup milk and 2 tablespoons margarine. Reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly stir in pasta, Special Seasonings, onion and garlic. Separate pasta with fork, if needed. Return to a boil. Boil uncovered 3 minutes. Add chicken, spinach and red pepper; bring back to a boil. Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3 to 5 to minutes to thicken. Stir in basil, if desired. Serve with cheese.