Wrap - Cooked Pork
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup shredded cooked pork
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 10-inch (burrito size) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons of margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, Special Seasonings and salsa; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes. Stir in pork and green onions. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- For each wrap, evenly spread tortilla with sour cream and place one sixth of rice