Turkey and Wild Rice Risotto
Recipe Yield: 4
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1-2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 package (4.3 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushroom slices
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- In large skillet, brown ground turkey until thoroughly cooked; drain. In same skillet, combine 1 2/3 cups water, 1 Tbsp. margarine, rice mix, seasonings and turkey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes. Stir in soup, mushrooms, celery and bell pepper; return to a simmer. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Let stand 3 minutes. Stir before serving.