Thai-Style Chopped Cooked Pork
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) RICE-A-RONI Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cooked pork
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen pea pods
- 1/2 cup red pepper strips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 12 minutes. Stir in pork, pea pods, bell pepper, garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce and red pepper flakes, if desired. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.