Tex Mex Chili Mac
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (6-2 ounce) package PASTA RONI® Shells and White Cheddar
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions or chopped cilantro
- Cook and stir ground beef, bell pepper, chili powder and cumin in large skillet over medium high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is browned. Drain fat. Remove from skillet: set aside.
- Add 2-1/2 cups water to same skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil uncovered 12 to 14 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir beef mixture back in skillet with salsa, beans and Special Seasonings packet; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions.