Spring Vegetable Parmesan and Romano Rice
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (5 oz.) Rice-A-Roni® Rustic Recipes™ Parmesan & Romano Cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen baby green peas
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped, optional
- Prepare Rustic Recipes Parmesan & Romano Cheese Rice-A-Roni according to package directions through Step 3, then stir in peas, tomato, sunflower seeds, vinegar and garlic.
- Let stand covered 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired.
Tips and Variations
- Add 3/4 cup cooked, chopped chicken breast or cooked, peeled shrimp along with vegetables.
- Calories 230, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 500mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 6g, Protein 7g