Spicy Szechuan - Cooked Pork
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (6.2 ounces) RICE A RONI® Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces cooked pork, cut into thin strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup carrot slices
- cup prepared Szechuan sauce or stir-fry sauce*
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 12 minutes. Stir in pork, peas, broccoli, bell pepper and carrots. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add sauce; cook and stir until heated through