Spicy Cajun Fish Supper
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (5.0-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Red Beans & Rice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat, divided
- 1 cup diced green or yellow bell pepper
- 4 (6-ounce each) skinless red snapper or catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon Creole, Cajun or blackened seasoning*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- * 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme may be substituted.
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water, rice-bean mix, Special Seasonings, 1 tablespoon margarine and bell pepper to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle fish with Creole seasoning. In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon margarine and oil until hot. Add fish; cook 4 minutes. Turn fish over; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 6 minutes or until fish flakes easil
- Serve fish and chopped tomato over beans and rice. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Tips and Variations
- * 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme and 1/2 teaspoon onion powder may be substituted.