Southwestern Rice Pilaf with Ground Beef
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (7.2 ounces) RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 cup frozen or drained canned corn
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-pasta mix, 2 tablespoons of margarine. Saute´ over medium heat until pasta is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 12 minutes. Stir in cooked beef, beans, corn, garlic, and chili powder. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Add salsa and cilantro, if desired; cook and stir until heated through.