Southwestern Ground Beef
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) RICE-A-RONI Beef Flavor®
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper or 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 cup drained and rinsed black or pinto beans
- 1 cup frozen or drained canned corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a large skillet, combine rice-vermicelli mix and 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- Slowly stir in 2 1/2 cups water, Special Seasonings, bell pepper, onion and garlic; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 12 minutes. Stir in cooked beef, beans, corn, and chili powder. Return to a simmer. Cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until rice is tender. Add salsa and cilantro, if desired; cook and stir until heated through.
Tips and Variations
- Substitute 3 cups frozen southwest vegetable blend for the bell pepper, onion, beans, and corn.