South-of-the-Border Rice Pilaf
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 package (6.4 ounces) Rice-A-Roni® Jalapeno Cheddar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatillos
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- In medium saucepan, combine rice, water and butter or margarine. Bring to a boil. Add garlic.
- Cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer 18 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in milk, Special Seasonings and tomatillos. Increase heat to high. Boil 1 to 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in spinach and onions. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 3 minutes. Stir well before serving.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
- Calories 180, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 255mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 770IU, Vitamin C 6mg, Calcium 80mg, Iron 1mg