Skillet Chicken Kabobs and Greek Rice Pilaf
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 20 (1-inch) pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (7.2-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Thread chicken and bell pepper on four 8-inch skewers. Place kabobs in a baking dish. Combine oil, lemon peel, oregano and pepper. Pour over kabobs; marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat 10-inch skillet, over medium heat for 1 minute. Add chicken kabobs and marinade; cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove kabobs from skillet reserving drippings.
- In same skillet over medium, saute rice-pasta mix with garlic in reserved drippings until pasta is golden brown. Add 2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; place kabobs over rice. Cover, simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove kabobs. Stir in tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese if desired and replace kabobs.