Recipe Yield: 5 Servings
- (6.8-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Spanish Rice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 14-1/2-ounce can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 16-ounce package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, well-drained
- Prepare Rice-A-Roni Mix as package directs, sauteeing green pepper, celery and green onions with rice-vermicelli; add curry powder with 1-3/4 cups hot water, tomatoes and contents of seasoning packet.
- Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp. Cover; continue to simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir before serving.
- Calories 280, Calories from Fat 54, Total Fat 6g, Cholesterol 180mg, Sodium 1075mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g, Protein 23g, Vitamin A IU, Vitamin C mg, Calcium mg, Iron mg, Vitamin E mg, Folic Acid mcg