Shanghai Sesame Pasta with Shiitake Mushrooms, Chicken and Green Onions
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (6 to 8 oz.), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 package (4.6 oz.) Pasta Roni® Rustic Recipes™ Olive Oil & Italian Herb
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- In small bowl, combine chicken and soy sauce; marinate covered in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, combine 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1-3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and special seasonings from package. Add marinated chicken and shiitake mushrooms. Bring back to a boil.
- Simmer over medium to high heat 7 to 11 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Let stand covered 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in sesame seeds, green onion and rice vinegar.
Tips and Variations
- Add 1 cup bok choy pieces (1/2-inch pieces) along with chicken and mushrooms.
- Calories 260, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 620mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 1g, Protein 19g