Sensational Seven Layer Rice Salad
Recipe Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 (7.2-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves or romaine lettuce, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped
- 3 radishes, sliced (optional)
- Tomato wedges (optional)
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute rice-pasta mix with margarine until pasta is golden brown.
- Slowly add 1-3/4 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 17 to 22 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in black beans. Spread mixture in 9 X 13-inch baking pan. Cool completely; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix ranch dressing and sour cream; set aside.
- In large clear glass bowl, layer spinach, tomatoes, cheese, rice-bean mixture and onion, pressing gently after each layer. Spread dressing mixture over top of salad. Sprinkle with bacon. Garnish with radishes and tomato, if desired.