School Night Chicken Rice Taco Toss
Recipe Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 (6.9-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken Flavor
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn, drained
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely broken
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups water, salsa, chicken and Special Seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn. Cover; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Arrange lettuce on a large serving platter. Top with chicken-rice mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips. Garnish with tomato.