Savory Chicken and Rice Skillet
Recipe Yield: Serves 4
- 1 teaspoon each paprika and garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter or spread with no trans fat, divided
- 1 (5.0 ounce) package of RICE-A-RONI® Chicken & Mushroom flavor
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Sprinkle paprika, garlic salt and lemon pepper over chicken. In large skillet over medium high heat, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet, set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, sauté rice/vermicelli mix with remaining 1 tablespoon margarine until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 1-2/3 cups water and Special Seasoning; bring to a boil. Place Chicken over rice. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper. Cover; cook 5 more minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. Transfer chicken to serving plates. Stir 1/4 cup milk into rice; heat through. Serve rice alongside chicken.